The Rock is Love: Beliefs

Reflecting on core beliefs... Are they legit?

Monday, May 15, 2006

Isaiah's Shabbat

Amidst the theology madness in my mind lately, I recalled an old Word document I had once written up after studying Isaiah 58:13 with a Strong's Exhaustive Concordance and my Hebrew-English Tanakh. Since I just told "Sal" from About.com that Shabbat is not only for Jews, and then posted that here, I thought I'd include this little ditty as a second side note. Anyway, here's what I found. Honestly, I LOVE this passage! I'll put the word definitions, in order, first, then put the paragraph that expresses what I got from it when I read these and put them together.

The Words

Isaiah 58:13

return
foot
Sabbath
create
delight
separateness
day
proclaim
Sabbath
exquisite delight
set apart
God
be honorable
be glorious
produce
journey
to find
delight
declare
case

The Paragraph

Return your foot to the Sabbath, and create delight in being separate during that day. Proclaim the Sabbath an exquisite delight, set apart for God, be He honorable and glorious! Make your journey to find delight and declare your case.

Isn't that BEAUTIFUL? My Husband is so Awsome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home